Thursday, September 19, 2013

Will your team win it?




Well, my new book is in its final stages, I've sent it out to my lovely beta readers to make sure that it functions on their ebook readers and for now, I have nothing to do except watch preseason hockey. (And of course, do all the things around home I ignored while finishing my book. But the vacuuming can wait, the vacuuming can always wait!) Probably I should be marketing or something, but I feel that hockey romances have a pretty limited audience. As the saying goes, "If this is the sort of thing you like, you will like this thing."

So, since the season hasn't even started, let's talk about the Stanley Cup already! Here are the current odds that every team will win the Stanley Cup, courtesy of Bodog Sports:


6/1  
15/2  
10/1  
12/1  
12/1  
16/1  
16/1  
18/1  
20/1  
20/1  
22/1  
22/1  
22/1  
22/1  
25/1  
25/1  
28/1  
33/1  
40/1  
40/1  
40/1  
40/1  
50/1  
50/1  
50/1  
50/1  
66/1  
100/1  
100/1  
150/1  


If the ranking of your favourite team makes you sad, just think: how the heck do they calculate these odds? The team rosters aren't even finalized, and there is a lot of uncertainty with the lower salary cap. Many talented mid-level players don't even have contracts yet. And of course, injuries – the great leveller – are already beginning in the pre-season. It's a long way to the Cup, but the ride will be an exciting one.

4 comments:

  1. I am ready for another season of being disappointed with the Caps. The more things change...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Val, it's only the preaseason. Wait until at least Game One!

      Delete
  2. Um...by the looks of that list, my local team will definitely not win it all! The Panthers really have the worst shot? I'm hoping they surprise everyone again and make it to the playoffs. (I am pretending last season didn't happen!) At least I'll get good seats to the games this year!

    Now, my hometown team. the Flyers, have a much better shot. They always seem to come so close then blow it. Maybe this is their year? One can wish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only can you get good seats, but you won't have to mortgage the house to pay for them! And besides, the Panthers can only exceed expectations.

      Delete